Doctor consultations via Skype
Due to the Coronavirus pandemic outbreak and related restrictions we would like to offer doctor consultations via Skype. Such consultations comply with NHS guidelines.
To have a consultation via Skype you should:
1. Install Skype https://www.skype.com/en/ on your PC, laptop or smartphone (with a working webcam and microphone).
2. Set up an account (if you don't have one).
3. Test the program by calling your family or friends.
4. Write down your Skype username. (How to find your username - Touch or click your profile picture. Touch or click your Skype profile and both your Skype name and login account will be displayed on your profile).
5. Call the clinic registration (0208 9034874) and make an appointment with your Skype username so that the doctor can call you.
6. When the doctor calls you, show your ID first to confirm your identity before you start the consultation.
7. Patients who have not been to our clinic for the last two years or new patients will be asked to complete a patient registration form and return it to our surgery at least one day before the consultation. The form can be obtained by e-mail from the surgery registration.
8. You can find a list of doctors consulting via Skype and the consultation cost on our price list https://polskaprzychodnia.co.uk/en/prices.html
9. Payment must be made in advance on the day of booking a consultation, via BACS. Call the clinic registration (0208 9034874) for all the details regarding transaction (our account number and sort code).
10. The duration of the Skype consultation is the same as the length of a personal visit.
11. It is possible to issue a prescription or a sick note after consultation.
12. All doctors consulting in our clinic can issue a prescription, and its scan can be sent electronically. Additionally, the following doctors are able to post the prescription directly to the patient (to be delivered within two working days): Physician, ENT surgeon, Dermatologist and Psychiatrist.
13. If you require an urgent prescription (only in London), our doctor can send a scan of your prescription directly to the pharmacy for you to collect your medication at:
THE BRIGHT HEALTH PHARMACY can deliver your medications to you. You need to contact them directly by phone to arrange the delivery and to find out about the cost.
14. We do not offer consultations using other applications (e.g. FaceTime, Messenger, Viber, WhatsApp etc.).
15. Consultations via Skype offer a limited diagnostic option on the part of the consulting doctor. The decision regarding diagnosis and treatment is based entirely on a conversation with the patient. Remote consultations do not allow performing an examination, which (in conjunction with an interview) would allow to collect comprehensive information. However, in the current situation, remote consultations for many patients are a sufficient diagnostic tool and a possibility of receiving treatment (according to current NHS guidelines).