Consultant Cardiologist, working full time in the NHS. Has been on the Specialist Register in the General Medical Council UK since 2005. Expert advice provided at the London Surgery.
Doctor Janusz Jagoda graduated in 1990 from the Medical Academy of Gdansk in Poland. He underwent core training in General Internal Medicine until 1996 and continued specialty training in Cardiology achieving a specialist diploma in 2000. In Poland he worked for many years at the teaching hospital and took part in clinical research as part of his PhD degree course in Cardiology. Later Dr Jagoda worked as the leading Consultant Cardiologist at the Cardiology Department of MSWiA Hospital in Gdańsk.
In the UK since 2006 Dr Jagoda continued working in Cardiology specialty gaining extensive professional experience at the Kings College London Campus till 2012, the Royal Brompton and Harefield Hospitals (including Heart Transplantation) till 2013, and later in Cambridgeshire, East Anglia and North West Anglia NHS Foundation Trust. His clinical roles involve working in both inpatient and outpatient departments, providing consultations and care for patients with cardiovascular disease (chest pain and coronary heart disease, cardiomyopathies, heart failure, heart valves, and pacing). Outside the NHS Dr Jagoda has been working part-time providing consultations in a private practice.
Scope of treatment
- Consultations for patients with symptoms of chest pain, palpitations, shortness of breath and other symptoms indicating cardiac problems
- Advice in diagnosis and treatment of cardiovascular diseases such as coronary heart disease, arrhythmia, circulatory failure
- Advice in diagnosis and treatment of hypertension
- ECG with description
- Interpretation of the medical tests’ results and hospital discharge summary both in Polish and English
- Consultation - £90
- Consultation + ECG with description - £120
- Follow-up visit (up to one month) - £60
- ECG with description - £60
- Echocardiography (with referral from a doctor) - £140
- Consultation + Echocardiography - £220
- Consultation + ECG+ Echocardiography - £250
- Repeat prescription (without consultation - at doctor's discretion) - £40