Dr Magdalena Pogwizd graduated from the Silesian Medical Academy in Katowice. She is an endocrinology, diabetes and internal medicine specialist.
For many years she worked at the Endocrinology Clinic in Krakow, where she completed her specialist training in internal medicine (in 2010) and in endocrinology (in 2015).
Dr Pogwizd has a special interest in thyroid diseases. For her scientific research on the use of radioiodine in hyperthyroidism, Dr Pogwizd obtained her PhD from the Jagiellonian University Collegium Medicum.
She utilises her several years of experience gained in the Polish health system at work in the British NHS hospital in the department of diabetes and endocrinology.
Scope of treatment
Diagnosis and treatment of hormonal disorders in women and men, in particular:
- thyroid disorders (hypothyroidism, hyperthyroidism, cancer, nodules, goitre)
- parathyroid gland diseases and calcium disorders
- pituitary gland diseases
- adrenal gland diseases
- menstrual disorders, polycystic ovary syndrome, hirsutism in women
- low testosterone level in men
- hormonal fertility disorders in men and women
- osteoporosis, vitamin D deficiency
- type 1 and type 2 diabetes
- endocrine disorders in pregnancy
- thyroid ultrasound
- Endocrine consultation - £110
- Diabetes consultation - £110
- Telephone consultation (endocrine or diabetes) - £110
- Consultation with thyroid ultrasound scan - £160
- Medical report / form - od £50
- Repeat prescription (without consultation - at doctor's discretion) - £40