In our clinic all orthodontic treatments are performed by Dr. Kalina Jacyna, a Dentist with a special interest in Orthodontics.
Dr. Kalina Jacyna graduated from the Medical Academy in Wroclaw, Poland in 1989. She broadens her knowledge by participating in numerous orthodontic courses, including those run by world-renowned orthodontist Dr. Bernardo “Coco” Garcia. She owns her private Dentistry Clinic in Warsaw. She is a member of The International Association for Orthodontics (IAO). Since 2008 she has been living and working in England.
Dr. Jacyna offers a wide range of orthopaedic treatment: fixed ceramic braces, metal braces, self-ligating braces, removable braces. She prefers to perform orthodontic treatment without removing teeth.
During consultation pictures can be taken to document the treatment progress.
Please check the latest entry in our library about one of dr Jacyna's patient.
Crystaline© has revolutionised orthodontic treatment, allowing you to transform your smile discreetly and comfortably with transparent aligners. It can be used to straighten crooked teeth without the need for wire braces and brackets.
It is a very popular treatment used by many patients to transform their smiles. Treatment with clear positioners is much more popular now that adults are aware of the teeth straightening options available to them. They can be used to straighten crooked teeth correct bite problems, close gaps between your teeth and correct over bites and underbites.
The great thing about invisalign braces is that they offer a method for straightening your teeth without anyone knowing you are having treatment and also without affecting your daily eating and hygiene routine.
Thanks to a digital treatment planning tool you will know the cost and the lenght of your treatment before you decide to start it.
Each aligner is worn for around two weeks, for between 20 and 22 hours a day, and they should only be removed for eating, brushing and contact sports.
Metal braces (classic)
Metal braces are very strong and can withstand most types of treatment. They consist of very small metal brackets (attachments) that are glued to the front of your teeth. A metal wire is attached to the brackets and held by ligatures. In spite of recent innovations in orthodontics these traditional braces are still quite widely used due to their versatility. The use of brackets enables orthodontists to precisely reposition the teeth in ways that aren't always possible with more modern systems and can provide patients with really straight teeth, giving the best possible results.
Self-ligating metal braces (Damon)
Damon braces are fixed braces that use a combination of memory wires and self-ligating brackets to quickly move the teeth into the desired position. The brackets are smaller and flatter than conventional fixed braces which makes them more comfortable and since they’re self-ligating you won’t need to visit us so frequently! Damon braces can be used to treat a number of orthodontic problems including misaligned bites, gaps between teeth, overcrowding and crossbites.
Ceramic braces are fixed braces consisting of brackets that are made out of materials that can be entirely transparent and will allow the natural shade of the teeth to show through, or which can be made from ceramic in a shade which matches the colour of the teeth. Fixed braces are often a good option for straightening teeth as they allow the teeth to be repositioned more precisely, and using ceramic brackets helps to make this type of brace much less visible. The ceramic braces can be combined with tooth coloured or clear coloured wires, helping to ensure these braces are discreet as possible.
Functional braces – twin block
These braces are designed to alter the way the face is growing by encouraging the lower jaw to grow forwards, improve muscle function and correct the relationships of the front and back teeth. Your top teeth should normally be in front of your bottom teeth by 2-4mm. This is called your overjet, if your overjet exceeds 4mm a twin block appliance is normally used to bring your lower jaw forward into the correct position.
- Consultation (for children aged 10 or below) - £20
- Consultation - £50
- Impressions' analysis, X-ray diagnostic - £150
- Crystaline (type of Invisalign) - impressions and treatment valuation based on a computer analysis - £200
- Crystaline (type of Invisalign) - each step of the treatment process - £300
- Metal braces fitted (single arch) - £450
- Follow up with metal braces (single arch) - £90
- Metal braces Ortho Organizers USA fitted (single arch) - £400
- Follow up with metal braces (upper and lower) - £110
- Self-ligating metal braces fitted (single arch) - £700
- Self-ligating transparent braces fitted (single arch) - £800
- Follow up with self-ligating metal braces (single arch) - £100
- Follow up with self-ligating metal braces (upper and lower) - £120
- Ceramic braces fitted (single arch) - £600
- Follow up with ceramic braces (single arch) - £100
- Follow up with ceramic braces (upper and lower) - £120
- Sapphire braces fitted (single arch) - £700
- Follow up with sapphire braces (single arch) - £100
- Follow up with sapphire braces (upper and lower) - £120
- Additional retainer - £60
- Two additional retainers - £100
- Additional braces (e.g. Haas, Expander, Molar Rotator) supporting complicated treatment - £300
- Fixed braces removal (single arch) with one retainer included - £220
- Fixed braces removal (upper and lower) with two retainers included - £400
- Removable braces, one arch - £250
- Removable braces, two arches - £400
- Functional brace – twin block - £250
- Trainer - £150
- Follow up with removable braces (single arch) - £50
- Follow up with removable braces (upper and lower) - £70
- Composite bite blocks - £80
- Continuation of the treatment initiated in different clinic (plus the follow-up cost) - £60
- Scaling during orthodontic treatment - £30
- Air abrasion (teeth sandblasting) during orthodontic treatment - £40
- Scaling + Air abrasion (teeth sandblasting) during orthodontic treatment - £60
- Bonded retainer (from tooth 3 to tooth 3) - one arch - £75
- Bonded retainer (from tooth 3 to tooth 3) - two arches - £150
- Orthodontic repair for our patients - £20